The Extraordinary Congress of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) which will elect leadership of the association will be held at Global Dreams Hotel, the federation has announced.
The association reaffirmed in an official statement published on its website on August 17 that the election congress would take place as scheduled on September 27.
However, delegates are to take note that the Global Dream Hotel has replaced the Redaach Memorial Hotel as the congress location.
The meeting will get underway at 9:00 GMT.
“The Ghana Football Association wishes to announce that pursuant to Article 33 of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) Statutes 2019, the Executive Council of the Association has decided that an Extraordinary Session of Congress (Elective Congress) shall be held on Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 9:00 o’clock in the forenoon at the Global Dream Hotel, Tamale,” parts of the statement from the GFA said.
In accordance with Article 33 of the GFA Statutes, the Agenda of the Congress is as follows:
9:00 am. – Opening Prayer
– Roll Call
– A declaration that Congress has been convened in compliance with the Statutes.
– Handing over of Congress to GFA Elections Committee
– Announcement of Election Procedure by GFA Elections Committee
– Election of GFA President
– Election of Executive Council Member (1 Women’s Premier League Representative)
– Election of Executive Council Members (3 Division One League Representations)
– Election of Executive Council Members (5 Premier League Representatives)
– Swearing in of President and the Executive Council Members
– Brief speech by elected President