President Simeon-Okraku has met the Director of FIFA Football for Football for Schools programme, Fatimatu Sow Sidibe at the headquarters of the Ghana Football Association in Accra.
The meeting was to discuss into detail the middle to long term impact of the initiative on grassroots football and talent development.
President Simeon-Okraku was in the company of General Secretary Prosper Harrison Addo (Esq.).
The Football For Schools programme is aimed at building the capacity of (50) Basic School Physical Education trainers and to distribute 3,000 footballs to kids between the ages of 4-14. The fifty Physical Education tutors are currently at the Ghanaman Centre of Excellence at Prampram for training.
Madam Fatimatu Sow Sidibe earlier called on Youth and Sports Minister Mustapha Ussif (Hon.), the Director General of the Ghana Education Service Dr. Eric Nkansah and the Director General of the Ministry of Education Maamle Andrews.
Summary of Event:
- Distribution of 3,000 footballs for Basic Schools
- Ghana amongst 79 countries in the World and 30 in Africa to sign up for the programme
- Training of Physical Education Tutors at Prampram
- Physical Education Tutors to train colleagues at the Circuit, District and Regional level across the country.
- Ghana Project Launch at Tema New Town Saturday, August 12, 2023